Exercise and talk together
Scan me or visit en.vcwageningen.nl/o/Humanitas-Tandem/activities/Exercise-and-talk-together/58809 to join
SummaryAre you sporty and do you want to help a man of around 60 years old to get out of the house and get moving?
E. would like a sporty buddy to go (racing) cycling, walking and/or swimming with. He has lived in Wageningen for many years but has few acquaintances and relatives to fall back on. He likes sports, photography and philosophizing.
E. is gifted and sensitive to sounds and patterns; he smokes. Because of corona, he often spent his days at home. He thought that was fine at first, but he now realizes that he has little or no contact with the outside world because of this. For that reason, he is looking for a buddy who will help him get moving again.
As a buddy you listen and you think along about how he can tackle things. By creating peace and space, he is again able to focus on the future.
Your commitment is approximately 1 to 3 hours per week. In addition, there is a volunteer meeting once every six weeks.
Required knowledge/skills: you endorse the values of Humanitas: equality, responsibility, self-determination, involvement and demand-oriented.
- you rather listen than you talk
- you are open-minded, don't judge easily
- you have a searching attitude
- you can take the initiative but also give the other the space to take it
- you enthuse, encourage but do not direct
What does Humanitas offer the volunteer?
- an enthusiastic volunteer team
- expert guidance and support
- internal training, team consultation and meeting meetings
- we learn a lot from each other by exchanging experiences with fellow volunteers
- Third-party liability and accident insurance
- travel allowance.
What makes the work worth it?
Our volunteers say:
- Nice to go on the road together; We didn't know where we ended up, but we made progress step by step.
- I was involved and at the same time a neutral participant in what a participant is going through.
- It has given me satisfaction, with no ulterior motive.
- My buddy managed to bring out something in me that I didn't know I had in me yet.
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Humanitas Tandem
Vind je het niet zo makkelijk om in je eentje dingen te ondernemen? Of wil je graag nieuwe mensen ontmoeten? Jouw maatje van Humanitas Tandem helpt je daarbij. Want samen kom je makkelijker onder de mensen en leg je sneller contacten.
Misschien voel je je soms eenzaam. Dat kan iedereen overkomen. Een maatje van Tandem luistert, geeft aandacht en denkt met je mee. Met je maatje kun je praten over wat jou bezighoudt en samen kijken jullie hoe je nieuwe contacten kunt leggen en oude kunt onderhouden. Alles is erop gericht om je het plezier en zelfvertrouwen (terug) te geven dat je nodig hebt om je eigen contacten op te bouwen.