Volunteer teaching English to Ukrainians
Scan me or visit en.vcwageningen.nl/o/Solidez-Huis-van-de-wijk-Ons-Huis/activities/Volunteer-teaching-English-to-Ukrainians/63868 to join
SummaryDo you enjoy providing English lessons for Ukrainian people in Wageningen?
Do you enjoy teaching English to Ukrainian people in Wageningen?
Solidez welfare facilitates English lessons to Ukrainian people in Wageningen through volunteers. These lessons are given on Tuesday and Thursday evenings in Ons Huis (Harnjesweg 84). A number of Ukrainian people need to take English lessons because they do not (yet) know whether they want to stay in the Netherlands or whether they can return. After all, they do not know how the war will develop. By taking English lessons, they increase their chances on the (voluntary) labor market in the Netherlands, Ukraine or elsewhere in Europe.
We are immediately looking for 1-2 volunteers.
The current season runs until June 2023. From September we will start a new group and we will continue the existing groups if desired.
What are you going to do?
You teach Ukrainian people on Tuesdays or Thursdays (from 7.15 pm to approximately 9 pm). There are two groups on both days. A group for beginners and a group for advanced. In the beginners group, the basics of the English language are taught, including grammar. In the advanced group, the emphasis is more on conversation. On the basis of (current) themes, speaking, listening and reading are practiced here.
There are different methods to work with. The current voluntary teachers can help you with that.
In concrete terms, this means that you will spend between 2-3 hours a week teaching English.
Who are you?
- You enjoy standing in front of a group, teaching experience is an advantage but not essential
- You speak English at least at pre-university education level
- You have an affinity with the target group
- You are available 1 of the 2 mentioned evenings per week
- You are digitally skilled. As volunteers, we communicate via e-mail and app group.
- You can work together and are willing to think along in the further development of the English lessons.
- You are willing to sign a volunteer contract with Solidez. This includes agreements about volunteer work.
What can you expect from the Solidez?
A periodic (no fixed interval) of consultations with the volunteers where your needs and wishes are heard and converted into concrete actions, so that you can perform the work properly. You will also receive a volunteer contract in which good agreements are made. An annual festive gathering with all Solidez volunteers.
Does this position appeal to you and do you want to dedicate yourself to the Ukrainian fellow man in Wageningen? Please contact Maarten Boele, social worker at Solidez